On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:27:27 -0600 David Day <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

:>    Have not done much VSAM coding, hence the questions.  Have an opened ACB
in 31 bit storage.  Looking at a dump immediately after a successful OPEN for
the dataset.  TCBDEB points to a DEB where the chain from the DEB to the JFCB
is correct(DEB extention to DSAB to SIOT to JFCB)...it's the dataset just
opened.  At x'14' into the DEBBASIC is a pointer to the ACB, but the field in
the DEB is called  DEBECBAD.  The DEBDCBB field is filled in, but don't
recognize what it points to. Are the differences between VSAM and non-VSAM DEB
structures and associated control blocks documented somewhere?

You can't fit a 31 bit address is a three byte field.

I do not kno0w how it translates - does the storage pointed to appear to be an
ACB?

--
Binyamin Dissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.dissensoftware.com