Greg Saccomanno wrote on 03/22/2007 03:40:51 PM:
> Can I run the version of DFSORT that is installed on my z/OS 1.4 system
on
> my z/OS 1.7 system via JOBLIB in the batch jobs?
>
> If so, which libraries would I need to add to the JOBLIB (both JCL sort
and
> program invoked sort are used in the application if that matters)
> and are there
> any APF requirements?
>
> For those curious why:
> We have been seeing inaccurate results in the testing of the batch cycle
for
> one of our applications when testing on z/OS 1.7.  We know that sort is
> producing different results on 1.7 than our z/OS 1.4 system (related to
> records with duplicate sort keys).  Both are using the default of
> EQUALS=VLBLKSET so we understand why but we don't know how that could
> be causing the issues we are seeing.  On one test of JCL sort
> (relatively small
> sort) 1.7 results only match 1.4 if we over-ride with EQUALS on the 1.4
> system.  Anyway, we would like to change only SORT instead of all
ServerPac
> installed software and test the batch part of the application to see
> if this is
> the entire cause of our issues or if perhaps we also have a test
environment
> setup problem (or something else).

It's not clear to me what you're seeing here, but ...

The main difference between DFSORT R14 and z/OS DFSORT V1R5 is that V1R5
can use Memory Object Sorting, a completely new path.  Perhaps what you're
seeing is caused by the difference in using that new path?  Have you tried
turning off Memory Object Sorting to check that:

//DFSPARM  DD  *
   OPTION MOSIZE=0
/*

Have you opened  PMR?  If so, what's the number?

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Team (IBM) - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Specialties: PARSE, JFY, SQZ, ICETOOL, IFTHEN, OVERLAY, Symbols, Migration

 => DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort/