From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Fri Mar 23 14:34:22 2007
Subject: ICSF on z890?

I simply cannot get ICSF to work on our z890 (2086-A04). We don't have
any crypto coprocessors.  I don't know if we have CPACF on or not. Is
there a way that I can tell from the HMC? If so, please be specific as
to what to do and what to look for (thanks).

I have created the two VSAM files: CKDS & PKDS. They are
"uninitialized".
I have created CSFPRM00 in PARMLIB.
I have started the ICSF procedure.

When I try to use the ISPF panels, I get "OPTION NOT ACTIVE" on just
about everything that I try. In particular on "MASTER KEY", then
"INIT/REFRESH CKDS" and "SET MK". I've followed the book to the best of
my ability. I had it working on our old z800 may moons ago. We are
planning to upgrade to a z9BC in about a month. Should I "give up" until
then?

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.

waive any related rights and obligations.
Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains
by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or
otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce
pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il
contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est
interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser
immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.