Victor

Since I got myself involved, I may as well try to see it out.

What you appear to need - as is mentioned in the redbook to which George referred: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg242070.html - are the *maintenance* manuals. In principle, these manuals are used only by the folk responsible for *maintaining* your hardware but - the last time I was in a machine room - you should be able to find the manual in those wire tracks used as a bookcase for maintenance manuals.

Thus if you have an IBM 9037 Sysplex Timer, I would expect one of the following manuals to be present in those wire racks. If they are not, I believe you should be entitled to ask IBM that they are available there.

- Sysplex Timer 9037 Maintenance, SY27-2605 (9037-001)
- Maintenance Information for the 9037 Model 2 Sysplex Timer, SY27-2641

The section of the redbook which contained these references starts with the following:

<quote>

Appendix B. 9037 Log - Reason Codes

All messages appearing in the event log or displayed at the 9037 console are accompanied by a number referred to as the reason code (RC). The reason codes are primarily used by the IBM Service Representative to determine corrective actions to be taken.

</quote>

Appendix B then goes on to list all the reason codes with a little description for each. This may be the same information that you will find in those Y manuals and may be all you need.

Incidentally, I found those Y manuals very helpful when I used to work with machines like the 3745 so there's actually something behind the word "primarily" as used in that redbook text.

Chris Mason

----- Original Message ----- From: "Víctor de la Fuente" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>