Harold,

I'll keep this short as I guess direct sales pitches are frowned upon.

Take a look at OpenTech Systems VDR, it solves many of the problems you
mention. It copies tape volumes at the file level and stacks them onto any
tape media for use at the DR site. At the DR site you can update the TMC and
catalogs to access the stacked tape directly or you can rebuild your volume
sets to any other tape device or even restore tape to disk. You dont need
any specific hardware at the DR site apart from a compatible tape unit. It
is a very flexible solution. A copy of the tape stays in the primary VSM so
this is not an export function. VDR can re-cycle offsite tape by recopying
existing data from the VSM and appending new virtual volumes.  OpenTech also
has a product to manage your daily FDR/DFDSS volume dumps. This also works
with VDR. Why have you decided to go completely tapeless? If the reason is
security we can plug-in our CopyCrypt tape encryption.

Please search for other postings for the word "VDR" to get some user
opinions.

Tony Sinfield,
Systems Engineer.
OpenTech Systems Ltd, UK.