On 4/17/07, Neil Duffee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At 16 Apr 2007 15:52:13 GMT, concerning "re: DB2 for z/OS version 7 -

I'm gonna be sorry for suggesting it but  *deep shiver up the spine*
you could also investigate Oracle's Transparent Gateway and its z/OS
component.  It was just installed here for Oracle to DB2 access but
indicates that it can handle requests in the other direction as well.

Caveat #1:  the documentation reads like you *must* install Oracle on
z/OS but it's just poorly done.  (a common Oracle problem according
to hearsay)  You end up with (#DB2 regions +1) started tasks as each
gateway talks to one DB2 region.  (there's one 'NET' component for
comms)

Caveat #2:  the installer expects to use XWindows but, with *lots* of
aggravation, can be run with 'response' files.  Again, the
documentation is *grossly* incomplete.

Neil, we are using the Oracle Transparent Gateway to access DB2 tables from
windoze/unix.  Does the OTG  z/OS component have a specific name.  As you
say the doc is c**p and finding anyting on the Oracle we site is a
nightmare.

Jim McAlpine