Mainstar just issued their latest e-letter with the following note
(emphasis is theirs)

On April 19, 2007, Mainstar sent out an eLetter that included an
announcement regarding these two new Mainstar security products. The
announcement, which was included in error, incorrectly suggested a
retailer's recent computer security breach occurred on a z/OS mainframe.
Mainstar now has information indicating that was not the case; no z/OS
mainframe was involved.

Interestingly enough the letter announces 2 products (Strong
Authentication Expert for z/OS - Extend two-factor authentication to the
IBM mainframe and LDAP Bridge for z/OS - Achieve enterprise-wide
security management ) that allow you to extend your open-systems
security to z/OS (or at least talking nice to each other).
I realize it's just a bad juxtaposition and I have the greatest respect
for Mainstar (even have their products) and the products do sound
interesting ... but why would I want to extend the security of systems
that have possibly been involved in some of the largest security
breaches to z/OS?  I think it would have been better if they left out
the retraction.
Ken Porowski