Phils back from the depths - must have given up trying to get that Audi
to go ...   ;-)

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 20:58 +0100, Phil Payne wrote:

> It's hard to imagine a mainframe as a gaming machine

Some of the super-computing folks have been playing with the cell
processors - there's even an SDK out there for download.
And IBM do have some experience with the Blades.
I'm having trouble conceiving of how I might use the "extra" processors
usefully (on a PS3 running Linux), but Sony seem to like them. Folding
at home as well - but you can see the applicability of multiple vectors
there.
Attached processors that run assigned work but not normal
dispatcher/scheduler - now where have we heard that before ???.

> Shutting off FLEX-ES systems?  That's one of the oddest things about the
> lawsuit.  Fundamental
> Software is a one-product company and its product, market and livelihood have
> been "taken"
> from it.  And without even a mouse [four-letter reference to flatulence
> suppressed so as not
> to inconvenience Darren] coming from Fremont?
>
> Doesn't anyone else think that a trifle odd?  AFAIK Funsoft has said nothing
> either in public
> or private.
>
> Fundamental has been bought off.  Or even bought, period.  Nothing else makes
> sense. A highly
> suspicious deafening silence.

Agreed - the whole thing is very odd.

Shane ...