David Eisenberg wrote:
I doubt it; in fact, I doubt that you're old enough to have ever seen BAL.

And you're certainly not using it on z/OS.<

I appreciate the CLIST information you provided in your post, but I don't understand why you have accused me of being a liar when I came here for help. This is the first time I've posted to IBM-MAIN, but it surely won't be the last.

I guess I could have e-mailed John Ehrman at IBM directly to get the answer, but that didn't seem appropriate. He has helped me enough with BAL-related issues, and CLIST isn't BAL.

I am a 46-year-old, 23-year veteran BAL programmer, on z/OS. I've seen many of your posts, and have no reason to doubt anything you say. Any particular reason that you've accused me of being a liar on a public listserv without knowing anything about me?

David

Shmuel can be very irritating because he is a literalist and
a nitpicker. I think he was picking on BAL because in some
contexts that refers to an old Assembler and is therefore
not accurate for our context. Most of us knew you were using
the common usage of BAL as shorthand for Assembler. (I think
BAL was Basic Assembler Language and had no macro capability
or such; before my time, but Shmuel was there, presumably.)

Anyway, I shouldn't put words in his mouth, but that is my
take on his response.

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

  z/OS Application development made easier
    * Our classes include
       + How things work
       + Programming examples with realistic applications
       + Starter / skeleton code
       + Complete working programs
       + Useful utilities and subroutines
       + Tips and techniques