On Wed, 16 May 2007 13:13:00 -0500, Chase, John
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi, All,
>
>Looking for (pointers to) "real-world" data on software license cost
>savings attributable to zIIP processors:  Percentage reduction in
>chargeable MSUs or VWLC dollar costs, and specific types of
workloads
>that "qualified" for execution on the zIIP.  Currently running z/OS 1.7
>and getting ready to upgrade to DB2 v8, with z/OS 1.9 "on the plate"
for
>early next year.  z9-EC and z9-BC in parallel sysplex.

Hi John,
            Have a look at the following url (http://www-
03.ibm.com/systems/z/ziip/about.html) which describes a new FMID
JBB77S9 (z/OS 1.6) and JBB772S (z/OS 1.7) which allows for the
specification of keyword PROJECTCPU=YES in IEAOPTxx. This then
allows you to estimate the amount of workload that could be offloaded
onto a zAAP/zIIP. You can then use the RMF Workload Activity report to
review the information.

The above functionality will be standard in z/OS 1.8.

I am in the process of installing the above FMID on to my z/OS 1.7
environment.

Hope this helps.

Roger