On Thu, 17 May 2007 14:06:55 -0500, Weidt, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>It can be done, at least I'm doing it on my single LPAR machine.
>
>HOW!!????!??

<huge snip>

Way overly complicated.  Not to mention all the things that could
go wrong.

If you only have a single LPAR, that eliminates most (not all) of the
caveats and ambiguities surrounding the reasons that IBM has never
allowed system symbols in batch jobs.   So instead of jumping though
hoops, you can  code a fairly simple IEFUJV exit that calls ASASYMBM
to resolve the symbols.

As already mentioned by several people, this subject comes up often.
PLEASE.... check the archives.  You'll find a reference to sample IEFUJV
code also.

--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO