There are a couple of things you can do.

1)  Issue the TSO Command ISPVCALL then execute the panel or function that
gives the ***.  After you get the *** then issue the command again.  It will
produce a trace of the ISPF Function.  It is very detailed but may show you
a REXX or CLIST name you recognize.

2)  Go into ISPF TEST.  Make sure your LOG data set in ISPF is setup to
collect information first.
      a)  Go to OPTION 7 (BREAKPOINTS) and use DISPLAY as the function and
YES for all traces
      b)  Go to Option 8 (TRACES) and under both sections put a YES where
there is a NO.
      c)  Go to Option 1 and execute either your primary panel or the ISPF
Function that has the error.  Reply G to all requests until you get the ***.
Then use C (Cancel)
       d)  Go to the ISPF log data set (Option 5) and start looking to see
what was running at the time.

The ISPVCALL traces all ISPF Functions so be prepared for a lot of
information in it.  The ISPF TRACE only traces the ISPF functions and will
be less detail.

If you need more information, contact me offline.

Lizette Koehler
[EMAIL PROTECTED] will work fine.