-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Edward Jaffe
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 12:52 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Vista Tn3270 (was: Re: calling ISPLINK from COBOL)

Tom Schmidt wrote:
> On Mon, 21 May 2007 14:25:20 -0500, Eric Bielefeld wrote:
>

>> Maybe Tom should sue Microsoft.  They obviously took his name, which
>> was there long before Vista.
<SNIP>

Perhaps he should file for a TM or Registered TM with the PTO. If M/S
has already done so, he could have grounds to challenge and it might be
a very quick action.

But then I remember Lindows who rolled over and became Linspire even
AFTER the judge in the case stated that M/S could NOT perfect a generic
name into a TradeMark. Seems the money was a bit too good to pass up
(but there were more out of the country lawsuits as well).

Later,
Steve Thompson

-- STD Disclaimer: poster's opinions may or may not be poster's
employer's opinion. --