On Jun 8, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 06/06/2007
   at 10:16 PM, Ed Gould <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

I respect you but I got this from a excellent source (IBM type person
who has been a friend of 30+ years).

Could that have a been a non-defunct product called something like
WinU, originally written to support a windoze API on a Unix platform?
If so, it required a recompile of the application to match the
platform.

I learned a while ago when friends who are privy to information I do not have I generally don't ask specifics. I may ask general type questions (like how big a CPU was this on). I had a friend (long retired from IBM), we were having dinner and (he worked at the White House) and he was telling me about how IBM did channel(s) though several feet of concrete with fiber. This was 25+ years ago, I knew I could not ask specifics. BTW he was part of the Nixon "thing" and retrieving email from a VM system. I wanted to ask specifics almost to the point of screaming please, but I knew I could not.

Ed