-- snip --
I have a four CPU complex with multiple LPARS on each CEC and DASD
from three vendors attached to all CECs.  Using FDRPAS to swap a
volume that is only online to one volume, but getting fdrw68 message.
Anyone else run into that situation?  What did you do to get rid of
the message?  Any suggestions are appreciated.
-- snip --

It's possible that you have the device defined in HCD AND have chpids that
are connected to the storaqe unit, but the device isn't online to the LPAR
(most likely because you defined it that way in the OSCONF).

If you DEFINITELY know that this volume is not online, you can EXCLUDE the
CPUID in the SWAP job. Be very careful about excluding CPUs if you choose
to do this. I've had to do this in the past for a very large
multi-cpu/sysplex environment, where the volumes were not online to various
LPARS (and also not defined in their OSCONFs), but were physically
reachable.

John