Rick Fochtman wrote:
Most default/desirable options for the Assembler and the compilers, etc. could be set at System Generation time, avoiding those long parm strings. And as I recall, SYS1.JOBQUEUE had a record size limit but it was significantly larger that 100 bytes; 1024 comes to mind, but I may be wrong there (it's just been too long for the little grey cells.)

Setting the compiler defaults to the most frequently used ones was our strategy, but I did run into situations where I had to use an unwanted default in order to squeeze in required overrides.

Job queue size was 176 per record and block. In storage each record had a 16 byte prefix.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT

new e-mail address: gerhardp (at) charter (dot) net