-- snip --
I would like to get a fairly simple report in real time of an online
server's CPU usage.  I'm especially looking for transaction-like
peaks/spikes of CPU time, percentage of CPU used on the machine, and how
long these spikes last.  (What RMF does basically.)

Right now I have an exec to get the elapsed time and total CPU time used
for the address space.  This is pretty good and gives me much of what I
need.  I'd like to beef it up a bit if possible.

It would be nice if I could get this information from a Rexx exec running
in a TSO address space.  If possible, could anyone give me a hint as to
which control blocks to look into?

The exec is easier for me because I can monitor things, like at a customer
site, without having to bother their RMF guys who are usually quit busy.
If not, of course I can always get the RMF data.

-- snip --

Lindy,

if you want to do it in your own exec, take a look at the RMF API
(ERBSMFI). This is documented in the RMF Programmer's Guide (SC33-7994).

RMF monitor I needs to be up and running for some of the sub-types.

John