From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Lizette Koehler
Sent: 09 July 2007 14:28
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How can I give the volume unit address and return the volume name
from REXX

The only thoughts I have are these

Is the volume available to the system you are running on?

Is the volume online?  If not, is there a way to see the volser when it is
offline?

A     D U,VOL=    only shows if the volume is online.  Not if the volumes is
there but offline.

If Philippe's code can do that, it is the best way to go.

Lizette

> Hi Tommy,
>
> I  made a simple assembler program some time ago that does exactly
> what you want. Its a REXX external function named DEV2VOL. I can send
> you if you want it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html