On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:32:27 -0500, Patrick O'Keefe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>If I try standard TSO continuation characters  (+ or -) on the  CTRACE
>statement I get "INVALID KEYWORD -".   If I leave off the continuation
>character only the first line of the CTRACE statement is processed.
>
>I wouldn't be at all surprised to here that something other than
>BLSCBSUQ will process long commands, but can't find that (or any
>other IPCS command) documented.
>

>I searched the archive an see that I asked this question about a
>year ago but abandoned the thread before getting an answer.
>This time I won't give up so easily.
>
>Pat O'Keefe

An example in the IPCS User's Guide shows use of a continuation, perhaps in
column 72?

______
   |   //IPCSJOB  JOB 'acctinfo','IPCSU1 output',MSGLEVEL=(1,1),            |
   |   //          MSGCLASS=A,CLASS=J,NOTIFY=IPCSU1                         |
   |   //* ------------------------------------------------------           |
   |   //*                                                                  |
   |   //*   Input: dump in data set 'IPCSU1.DUMP1.DUMP'                    |
   |   //*   Output:                                                        |
   |   //*     - IPCS dump directory data set for the input dump            |
   |   //*        (IPCSDDIR DD)                                             |
   |   //*     - Formatted output (SYSTSPRT DD)                             |
   |   //*     - TSO/E messages (SYSTSPRT DD)                               |
   |   //* ------------------------------------------------------           |
   |   //IPCS     EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01,DYNAMNBR=20,REGION=1500K

   |   //IPCSDDIR DD DSN=IPCSU1.DUMP.DIR,DISP=(SHR)                         |
   |   //DUMP     DD   DSN=IPCSU1.DUMP1.DUMP,DISP=SHR                       |
   |   //IPCSPRNT DD DSN=IPCSU1.RSMDATA.LISTV,DISP=
(OLD,KEEP,KEEP)          |
   |   //SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*                                               |
   |   //SYSTSIN  DD *                                                      |
   |   IPCS                                                                 |
   |   DROPDUMP DDNAME(DUMP)                                                |
   |   RSMDATA REALFRAME ALL STATUS(VRINT,POLLUTE) RANGE(5:86)
   |         DDNAME(DUMP) PRINT NOTERMINAL                                  |
   |   DROPDUMP DDNAME(DUMP)                                                |
   |   END                                                                  |

_______|

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/IEA2C620/8.2?
SHELF=&DT=20050712224341