I call it capitalism at it's worse. Pure greed!!!

r hey wrote:

Search on Z/OS or ZOS or OS390 or OS/390 on the site www.monster.com
there is over 400 jobs,

But if 500 are looking for jobs & 100 have not worked for over 1 year, & SPs are forced into retirement at 50, then that's not much of a
demand.

I should have used the term 'shortage' & not demand.

hire people from other countries.
It happens in Poland.

If 1 SP was hired from outside 3 years ago & no jobs out there for over 6 months, then there is no 'shortage'.

In mid 80s, one site in OZ hired 8 M/F people from South Africa & paid for relocation/visa/etc, also one could find a job in 3 months then, because there was a shortage then.

Based on this, I'd say there isn't much demand in Australia, US, &
west-EU for sysprogs.

Or you were not looking to much.

When the agencies say they only hire people with EU passport; or in
case of Swiss, it takes 2 months to get a visa but client wants someone
now, to me this means 'no shortage'.

Regards,
Rez

____________________________________________________________________________________ Got a little couch potato? Check out fun summer activities for kids.