<snip>
Just went live with z/OS 1.7 and noticed that CPU consumption by
Omegamon/MVS has gone up dramatically (CMS and HIST tasks) like +50% or
4 to 6 MIPS (FSVO MIPS.
</snip>

In 30+ years with various flavors of OM, I have found that there are
really only 2 things that seem to matter.

1) Auto refresh interval. Although in repeated studies over the years I
have
never been able to measure the impact of a difference between say a 5
sec refresh and a 30 sec refresh. Yes the resource consumption did
change, but
I could never find any impact at the application level. If you don't
have sufficient precision to measure it, does it really make a
difference?

2) The OM DASD utilization functions can consume significant amounts of
resource, especially if duplicated functions occur. (e.g. gathering DASD
cache information on more than 1 LPAR). There are several IBM Info APARS
on this and probably also on the RMF page. A similar argument would
apply to the OM functions, so check them out.

All of that being said, I don't have any specific info related to z/OS
1.7.

HTH,