-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Chase, John
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 7:49 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: FW: Re: IBMLink down

FYI....
<SNIPAGE>

        Due to  the IBMLINK/ServiceLink  Web outages over the past week,
we are taking this opportunity to convey to you our sincere apologies
for impacting your productivity and inform you of our planned actions
taking place to improve availability of the various web tools you use
from IBM.  As you know the ServiceLink VM systems will remain available
pending stability of the IBMLINK/ServiceLink web platform.    We
acknowledge  that restoring access to VM  IBMLINK:ServiceLink  platform
was an appropriate next step to provide a stable alternative and thank
those of you who have taken that step.
<SNIP>

I just received one of these MBA speak apologies as well. In my case it
was directly related to having emailed Mr. Palmisano.

I've also gotten emails where they are getting me an ID that will work
with the old 3270 based IBMLink interface.

I guess going to the top and making things painfully visible does get
results.

Regards,
Steve Thompson
This e-mail message is intended only for the
addressee(s) and contains information that may be
confidential and/or privileged material.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify
the sender by reply e-mail immediately.
Use, disclosure or reproduction of any information
in this e-mail by anyone other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.
Sterling Commerce is not liable for any loss or
damage arising in any way from transmission of
the message or use of its attachments.
This email may contain links to third party web
sites.
Sterling Commerce is not responsible for the
content or privacy policies of such other sites and
the existence of a link in this email does not imply
an endorsement of the linked web site or the goods
or services offered therein.