From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Pinnacle
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 8:43 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: IBM recommends disabling AUTOTUNING - OA20748

I remembered seeing the earlier posts on broken catalogs with AUTOTUNING
enabled (yes, I know the AUTOTUNING only revealed the problem and did
not cause it), so I searched IBMLink and ran across OA20748, where IBM
recommends that AUTOTUNING be disabled until further notice.  Looks like
it's enabled by default unless you use the F CATALOG command to shut it
off, so we're adding it to COMMND00.  As usual, this APAR is not marked
HIPER, CATBREAKER, etc., so you wouldn't find it unless you went looking
for it.

Let's be careful out there,
Tom Conley

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html