On 2007-08-17 08:11, Dean Montevago <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote to IBM-Main:

> I have a CICS VSAM file that is reaching it's 4gb limit. I want to
> create an SMS pool for it. Can I define all the constructs and
> activate the new rules while the region is up and using this file ?
> Will they take affect the next time the file is deleted/defined ?

Dean:  likely too late for your urgency but ...

Did you consider simply adding the STORCLAS() DATACLAS() options to
the Define Cluster?  If you have a pre-existing pool that would
suffice, it would not require fiddling with your SCDS & ACS routine
just to capture a particular DSN.

This will also suffice if you only need, in the short-term, to add a
DATACLAS definition to cover Extended Addressing.  That would give
you time to calmly think through any changes to the ACS routines
which can be problematic as they grow.

---------->  signature = 6 lines follows <--------------
Neil Duffee, Joe SysProg, U d'Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
telephone:1 613 562 5800 x4585                 fax:1 613 562 5161
mailto:NDuffee of uOttawa.ca     http:/ /aix1.uottawa.ca/ ~nduffee
"How *do* you plan for something like that?" Guardian Bob, Reboot
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."
"Systems Programming: Guilty, until proven innocent" John Norgauer
2004