>>> On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at  7:09 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
.bisx.prod.on.blackberry>, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
> It may not be a huge issue; it was big enough for the IBM-er to mention it.

If that was the worst issue he mentioned, then DGTIC is doing very well indeed.
 :)

> As long as it's non-zero, it will be there.

Well, duh. :)  Hence my comment much earlier in this thread that the "RAM is
cheap" mantra falls apart very quickly in shared/virtualized environments.

> Remember, these are mainframes (not squatty boxes), and we run them at 100%.
> If you have enough virtualised images, the overhead will show up.

No need to remind me.  I've been working with mainframes for over 30 years.

Mark Post