Chris,

Thanks for the information and document. I already had some of your
recommendations in place and I am still reviewing everything. There is one
thing that I would like to ask you about.

You quoted the IP Guide and said:

> <quote>

> Common INET physical file system (CINET PFS)

> If you wish to run multiple z/OS Communications Server TCP/IP stacks
>concurrently, you must use the Common INET (CINET) configuration. In this
>configuration, up to a maximum of eight TCP/IP stacks can be active at any
>time.

> </quote>

>You may be sure that IBM means just the IBM-supplied software for creating
>the appearance of an IP node and absolutely not software from any other
>Tom, Dick or Harry!

Why don't you think I need a CINET environment if one of the stacks is
Interlink? It's true that the guide says z/OS CS but since I have used
Interlink for so long I tend to ignore when manuals say IBM TCP/IP - an IP
stack is an IP stack, right? (I know all stacks aren't exactly created equal,
but...) I have made several products work with Interlink when the doc only
mentioned IBM TCP/IP.

The OMVS proc has a steplib for Interlink and the BPX parm entry looks like:

SUBFILESYSTYPE NAME(TCPIPCA)       /* Name of file system         */
               TYPE(CINET)         /* Type matching Cinet's TYPE  */
           ENTRYPOINT(T010PFSA)    /* Entry point of load module  */
           PARM('SYSID(ACSS)')     /* SSID of CA TCPAccess stack  */

When OMVS comes up, these msgs are displayed:

T01OE101I TCP/IP PFS Name:TCPIPCA Initialization Started
T01OE104I TCP/IP PFS Name:TCPIPCA Subtask:00AE76F8 Started
IEF196I T01OE104I TCP/IP PFS Name:TCPIPCA Subtask:00AE76F8 Started
T01OE102I TCP/IP PFS Name:TCPIPCA Using TCPaccess Subsystem Name:ACSS
T01OE115I TCP/IP PFS Name:TCPIPCA FILESYSTYPE PARM:
T01OE116I SYSID(ACSS)
T01OE103I TCP/IP PFS Name:TCPIPCA Initialization Complete

This may be a moot point anyway if everything checks out ok with IBM and I
can just drop CA. Whenever I get a chance I will try taking out the CA stuff
and see what happens to it with no OMVS. For now I am trying to not run the
CA stack at all. Also, you are correct in one of your posts that I am not
doing anything real complicated - everything is in 1 LPAR, no plex, etc.

Thanks for the help...
Robert

privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.