Dave Kopischke wrote:
How can I tell what my entitlement is ???? As far as I know, we're entitled to the full capacity. But I don't know how that part is set nor negotiated.

If you haven't been paying software upgrade charges to IBM, then your shop might not be using sub-capacity pricing for your IPLA software. (Though, you might wish to consider that going forward. Take Bob Richards up on his kind offer of free consultation!) If you've already licensed the whole CEC for those IBM products, you won't pay upgrade charges until you purchase additional hardware capacity. In essence, you've already pre-paid for all of your spare capacity!

The same should also hold true for any third party software licensed for the entire CEC. No upgrade fees due until more hardware purchased.

I admit I'm pretty naive, but this is how I understand it to work. I'll find out in a couple months since we just pushed our capacity up a little to accommodate a large project. Intending to go back down afterward, so if we're going to get hit with a fee, it would be good to know that.

The answer to the old riddle: "What goes up but never comes down?" IPLA software charges. No refunds! ;-)

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc