On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:37:48 -0500, Roland Martin wrote:

>I would like to use IARVSERV to share memory across address spaces but I
>cannot find a sample or explanation on how to do so. The MVS Auth
Assembler
>Services Guide, chapter 16, figure 16-1 shows Addr Space A and Addr Space
>B sharing data but the example in the chapter discusses sharing data within a
>single address space. The description of IARVSERV in the reference manual
>also does not shed any light. I've read through all the parameters and it is
just
>not jumping out at me how to specify a target address in a separate address
>space.

IARVSERV is documented in both the Authorized Assembler pubs and the
generic (unauthorized) Assembler pubs.  The examples in the Authorized pubs
ought to, but do not, show interspace sharing.  If I were you, I would submit
an RCF.

However, the generic/unauthorized Assembler Reference entry for IARVSERV
has an example that comes close enough to what you need in Example 6.
What Example 6 shows is how to share within an address space... but all you
need to add is the source ALET and the target ALET in order to make the jump
through the spaces.  (The reason the example works within a single space is
that the default ALET value (0) in both the source and target specifications;
the primary space is just a special case that works well in their example.)

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI