From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Howard Brazee
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:22 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How to read source from a PDS member

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:43:51 -0400, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you
wrote:

>I need to read source code from a PDS member whose name I don't know
>until my program runs, much the same as the COBOL compiler handles
>"COPY memname" statements.  Is dynalloc the only way to go about it or does
zOS provide a nice friendly interface that lets me ask for source member
data a line at a time?  Something comparable to VSE's LIBRM would be ideal.

CoBOL compilers handle COPY commands at compile time, not run time.
But you didn't indicate that your source code is CoBOL, it may be some
real-time language.    Could you provide more detail?

to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the
archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html