I've always assumed there was slightly less overhead in running batch REXX without the TSO TMP, provided you didn't need any TSO commands or ISPF services - but I suspect this overhead is minimal. I believe you also avoid the need for several DDs, which in a bizarre case might make a difference.

We regularly run batch TSO (batch TMP), batch REXX, and batch ISPF from production batch jobs, which all run under userids with no TSO access (No TSO Segment and not in SYSUADS).

I can't conceive of any rational reason why a sysadmin or auditor would want to restrict batch TMP usage. It buys you no power or data access that could not be derived by other means, except perhaps for the somewhat dubious ability to execute CLISTs - but everything a CLIST can do can be better done by REXX.

The reasons for restricting interactive TSO usage have traditionally been because of the greater system overhead of running tasks in an interactive environment, and perhaps because of the fear that the relative ease of interactive searching and browsing would potentially make it easier for someone logged on to TSO to stumble across and misuse sensitive data if someone had failed to adequately protect it. Use of TMP non-interactively in batch has not raised these issues.