I assume that your users are using TN3270 to connect to the z/OS system.
If so, then  you can the RESTRICTAPPL section of the BEGINVTAM section
on the TN3270 server parms for the ports to be secured. We have a port,
2323, dedicated to SMCS consoles. An example:

BEGINVTAM PORT 2323
  DEFAULTLUS
    LIH1SM01..LIH1SM09..FFFFFFFB
  ENDDEFAULTLUS

  DEFAULTAPPL SMCSH1 DEFONLY

  RESTRICTAPPL SMCSH1
     USER *

ENDVTAM

What this does is cause the TN3270 server on z/OS to ask for a user's
RACF id and password before connecting them to the application
specified.

Note that this stuff is "in the clear", so you could still have somebody
steal userids and passwords with a "sniffer". I greatly suggest that you
implement the SSH daemon on the UNIX host. Give your users UNIX userids
and passwords. Make them use an SSH client to connect to the FlexES host
UNIX system, then use something like x3270, running on the FlexES host,
to connect to the z/OS system.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.