From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Wilmoth, Ray (COT)
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 12:25 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Can a pdf document be create using COBOL?

We have an application which requires its report be generated as a pdf
file.  Currently, this is being accomplished by a java application
running in WebSphere Application Server for z/OS.  The customer is not
happy with the length of time it takes to create the report.  I have
suggested that the report should be generated via COBOL in batch.  Can a
PDF version of this report be created using COBOL?

Thanks,

Ray

Commonwealth Office of Technology

Finance and Administration Cabinet

Commonwealth of Kentucky

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Confidentiality Statement

This communication contains information which is confidential.  It is
for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the
intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution,
copying, forwarding or use of this communication or the information in
it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received
this communication in error please return it to the sender and send a
copy or notify:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] and then delete the
communication and destroy any copies of it.  Thank you.