Try a suffix of '.BIN' on all files transferred as well as the 'BIN' FTP
option. Nothing seems to work 100% of the time, but that seems to work
most often.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bruce Baxter
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:13 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: File Transfer conundrum

ftp directly between the two systems, quite simply isn't an option.  Our

business partner chose the mechanism in palce to deal with multiple
other
shops, and they're not likely to want to do this sort of one-off thing
for us.

I also took some of the previous comments regarding the RDW site command

(which I'd seen before) and did some testing.  As stated by another
poster,
there doesn't seem to be any way to get it to honor this and strip it
off on
the final FTP.

I also have to deal with the issue that EITHER the EBCDIC code pages on
either end don't match (less likely) or the ASCII code pages don't match
(more
likely) since the end user has subsequently reported to me that they've
seen
some data corruption due to the translation.  I guess they were
expecting a
cent sign character in someof their data.

 ves/ibm-main.html
intended
information.
distribution