>>> On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at  1:51 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Eric Chevalier
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 10 Jan 2008 09:35:40 -0800,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Support, DUNNIT SYSTEMS LTD.) wrote:
>
>>We're a small mainframe software development shop. We need a decent but
>>simple issue/problem tracking software product to document and manage
>>development requests, support issues, etc. Nothing elaborate. We're looking
>>for people with similar experiences who can give recommendations.
>
> I'll throw a couple of FOSS options that might be worth considering...

Request Tracker (RT) from bestpractical.com is also very widely used.  It is
Perl based and does require a MySQL database.  Their web site seems to be hosed
right now, but you can download the package via rsync.  (I just did that and it
worked.)  It is licensed under the GPL.  I've used it a user, not an
administrator, so I can't comment on that end of things.  But, as a user, it's
fairly straightforward.

Mark Post