The MVS system I'm currently using is blocking me from creating any
uncatalogued datasets to test this, but what I have used for years to
delete datasets from a batch job is a delete step like this:
//STEP1  EXEC PGM=IEFBR14
//DD1    DD   DISP=(MOD,DELETE),SPACE=(TRK,(0)),UNIT=SYSALLDA,
//            DSN=RBOLAN.FT7520T.RPTDATA.BYBRANCW
//DD2    DD   DISP=(MOD,DELETE),SPACE=(TRK,(0)),UNIT=SYSALLDA,
//            DSN=RBOLAN.FT7520T.BRTOTAL.BYBRANCW
//DD2    DD   DISP=(MOD,DELETE),SPACE=(TRK,(0)),UNIT=SYSALLDA,
//            DSN=RBOLAN.FT7520.FTPDS

I believe that all that is necessary to delete uncatalogued datasets is to
add the VOL=SER= information naming the volume to each DD card.
--Roger

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 01/09/2008
03:32:19 AM: