>From the first link below:

"jfmiller call to our attention two professors emeritus of computer
science at New York University who have penned an article titled
Computer Science Education: Where Are the Software Engineers of
Tomorrow? in which they berate their university, and others, for not
teaching solid languages like C, C++, Lisp, and ADA."

C++ is a solid language?  I must have missed the memo on that.

Jon

<snip>
Here is a posting and accompanying article on Slashdot which you may
enjoy.

http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/08/01/08/0348239.shtml

http://www.stsc.hill.af.mil/CrossTalk/2008/01/0801DewarSchonberg.html
</snip>