On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 01:56:57 -0600, Yan Ying wrote:
>    I use a REXX to inquire DB2 BUFFERPOOL detail status.I use
>CONSPROF / CONSOLES / CONSOLE SYSCMD command to get
>the info.But I can only get msg DSN3107I.
>"DSN3107I -xxxx DSN3EC0X -COMMAND REJECT.REQUESTOR NOT
>AUTHORIZED".
>I have another REXX work like that to gather system info
>(like'D IPLINFO') can work good.
>IBMBOOK said:the CSECT DSN3EC0X has discovered that the source of the
>command was a console that does not have 'system' authority.
>How can i have the system authorize?Did anyone do job like that?

The answer is:  it depends...

1) Is the OPERCMDS class active in your security product?
If so, then you need to give your console authority to the appropriate operator
command profile.

2) I am not sure what 'system' authority means.  Base MVS console authority
comes in a few flavors:
o  INFO  (authorized to issue a smattering of display-only commands)
o  SYS   (authorized to issue smattering of 'system related' commands)
o  I/O    (authorized to issue smattering of 'I/O device related' commands)
o  CONS (authorized to issue smattering of 'console configuration related'
    commands)
o  MASTER (can issue all system commands)

To set the base MVS console authority for your user, you need to update the
OPERPARM segment associated with your userid.

Scott Fagen
Enterprise Systems Management