I just downloaded the DADSM program from the CBT site file 527.  I used that
program for a long time at P&H Mining.  I originally got it from a tape maybe
20 years ago that was put together by Dale Chaney, who used to be an IBM SE,
and put together a whole bunch of shareware on a tape way back then.    There
is actually a note that the version I had was last updated by Larry Simpson of
Bucyrus Erie, another Milwaukee company.  I know they don't have a mainframe
anymore.

It's funny, because the only 2 companies in the world that make mining shovels
and draglines are both located in Milwaukee.  Now neither runs MVS.

Anyway, I downloaded the CBT version because the one I had was last updated in
1977, and I was having a hard time getting the old one to work.  I am getting a
S913 abend on the job, and get the following message:

ICH408I USER(CNT0527 ) GROUP(SYS1    ) NAME(BIELEFELD, ERIC
  XX100C CL(DASDVOL )
  INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
  FROM * (G)
  ACCESS INTENT(UPDATE )  ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE   )
IEC150I 913-38,IFG0194D,CNT0527D,DADSM,SYS00001,100C,XX100C,

I was just wondering what the update access for to the DASDVOL class for XX100C
is.  XX100C  is the first volume with the lowest address.  I don't recall
having any RACF issues with the old DADSM I used at P&H Mining, although I had
almost all authority in RACF at P&H.  Is this actually trying to update
anything on the XX100C volume?

Thanks,

Eric
--