On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:08:39 -0600, McKown, John
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Even if using one step with multiple REPROs going to different file
numbers you still need it.

>Also, try
>using DISP=(OLD,PASS). As I vaguely recall, this keeps the tape
>positioned on the drive instead of being rewound.

PASS implies RETAIN, but that won't catalog the output dsn.

You also need REF=*.previousdd

A mistake I often find is people pointing all of their volser REFs to the first
DD instead of the previous one.  That works great until your output grows
to a second volume (IIRC you get an A13 abend).

Example:

//TAPE1    DD  DSN=MYUSERID.OUTPUT.FILE1,
//             DISP=(,CATLG),UNIT=(TAPE,,DEFER),
//             VOL=(,RETAIN),
//             LABEL=(1,SL,RETPD=60)
//TAPE2    DD  DSN=MYUSERID.OUTPUT.FILE2,
//             DISP=(,CATLG),UNIT=(TAPE,,DEFER),
//             VOL=(,RETAIN,REF=*.TAPE1),
//             LABEL=(2,SL,RETPD=60)
//TAPE3    DD  DSN=MYUSERID.OUTPUT.FILE3,
//             DISP=(,CATLG),UNIT=(TAPE,,DEFER),
//             VOL=(,RETAIN,REF=*.TAPE2),
//             LABEL=(3,SL,RETPD=60)
//TAPE4    DD  DSN=MYUSERID.OUTPUT.FILE4,
//             DISP=(,CATLG),UNIT=(TAPE,,DEFER),
//             VOL=(,RETAIN,REF=*.TAPE3),
//             LABEL=(4,SL,RETPD=60)

--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]