Mark Pace wrote:
> Is there a way to automate the shutdown of z/OS?  I hate having to follow a
> script, typing all of the commands to stop tasks.
>
> Also, is there a command to stop syslogd, other than to cancel it?
>
> Thanks very much.

Er, that is what an automated operations product does. It knows whats up
and how to shut everything down. One command to the product and it
should be able to (if setup correctly) to shut everything down the
correct way and in the correct order.

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

Riley: Find the next number in the sequence: 313, 331, 367, ...? what?

The Doctor: 379. It's a sequence of happy primes, 379.

Martha: Happy what?

The Doctor: Just enter it!

Riley: Are you sure? We only get one chance.

The Doctor: Any number that reduces to one when you take the sum of
the square of its digits and continue iterating until it yields 1 is
a happy number, any number that doesn't, isn't. A happy prime is
both happy and prime.
----
Doctor Who episode "42"