I have been reading the z/OS V1.7 to V1.9 Migration guide and though it states
you do not need to remove IMBED, REPLCIATE or KEYRANGE.  It does mention that
there is a performance issue by having them on your VSAM files.

I was wondering if anyone did an analysis to see what the buy back for VSAM
response was if these are removed?  It would help me build a case to get the
VSAM data sets reorged more quickly.  My VSAM seems to be strictly IMBED at
this time.  I did not find any KEYRANGE or REPLICATE definitions.

Redefine existing VSAM data sets that contain the IMBED, REPLICATE, and
KEYRANGE attributes

KEYRANGE attributes for new VSAM data sets. In fact, using these attributes can
waste DASD space and often degrades performance. Servicing these VSAM data sets
has become increasingly difficult. In some cases, unplanned outages have
occurred. For these reasons, IBM recommends that you stop using IMBED and
REPLICATE, and that you minimize or eliminate your use of KEYRANGE. IMBED and
REPLICATE were intended as performance improvements and have been obsoleted by
newer, cached DASD devices. Striped data sets provide much better performance
than KEYRANGE and should be viewed as a candidate for any existing KEYRANGE
data sets.

Is the migration action required?
No, but recommended to avoid degraded performance and wasted DASD space.

Any comments are always welcomed.

Lizette