Ed Gould wrote on 01/15/2008 09:07:38 PM:
> I believe (even
> if you concatenate) each concatenation has to be in a "higher"
> sequence than the file ahead of the concatenation (all records still
> must be in the right sequence) so (if) you can concatenate the
> records must be in sequence. I hope I said that right and Walt can
> correct if I am wrong.
>
> ie sortin01 dd (seq01-09) example for illustrative purposes only
>                      dd (seq10-15)  "  "
>                      dd (seq16-??)  "  "

You can use concatenated SORTIN data sets for SORT and COPY.
You can one or more SORTINdd data sets for MERGE.

But concatenated SORTINdd data sets are not allowed.

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Development Team (IBM) - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Specialties: PARSE, JFY, SQZ, ICETOOL, IFTHEN, OVERLAY, Symbols, Migration

 => DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort/