From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Keith E. Moe
Sent: 25 January 2008 13:37
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: SDSF and zIIP and zAAP in DA display

>When we have a z/OS 1.9 (or 1.8) system in an LPAR with zIIP and zAAp
>processors. SDSF shows the amount of usage on the DA panel.
>
>SDSF DA Z27   ZOS18    PAG    0  CPU/L/Z  16/ 14/  0   LINE 1-1 (1)
>
>If I am running z/OS 1.9 (OR 1.8) under z/VM 5.3 with zIIP and zAAP
<=============
>processors the SDSF panel shows
>

>SDSF DA Z90   ZOS19    PAG    0  CPU  11
>

>Which is what I would expect if the processors were not there.

The UNDER VM is the key.  The processor utilization numbers in the header
are obtained from the ERBSMFI API.  The "L". "Z", and the zIIP
utilization (which SDSF does not display) are calculated from hardware
supplied data (via DIAGNOSE 204).  DIAGNOSE 204 is NOT
supported under VM.

Keith E. Moe
Laid Back Software, Inc.
http://www.laidbacksoftware.com
(408) 749-0655

Creator of the TSO Environment and Administration Manager Product.

(I also do MAINVIEW support for BMC Software, Inc.)

This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Email
Security Service and the Macro 4 plc internal virus protection system.