OK... with or without the PRIVAT in the ALLOC command and in a TSO sesson
or in batch, we get the same message.....

 IKJ56221I DATA SET TSS05.DAVE NOT ALLOCATED, VOLUME NOT AVAILABLE+
 IKJ56221I VOLUME  NECESSARY TO SATISFY YOUR REQUEST NOT ON SYSTEM, AND
CANNOT B
E MOUNTED

How do I verify the MOUNT authority you are all talking about.  Is that a
facility profile in RACF?   I'm looking, but I can't find it....

Jeffrey Deaver, Engineer
Systems Engineering
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
651-665-4231(v)