On 5 Feb 2008 13:52:49 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main (Message-ID:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Tom Harper) wrote:

About 10% of the CPU was consumed by IEBGENER

It's amazing how inefficient IEBGENER is. If you were to change all[1] use of IEBGENER jobs to use ICEGENER (or SYNCGENR) or to an in-house-written copy program, you could reduce the CPU consumed in copies by a factor of 5 to 10. It reduces both CPU and wall-clock time.

[1] The alternate programs generally work only for the case where there's no SYSIN control statements for IEBGENER. In my experience, there is only a very small percentage of IEBGENER jobs with SYSIN.

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com