Probably due to the fact that the NT Unix guys get another box when they ask
for one without much questioning. You're dealing with with single
application/single server mentality.

  I did a tuning exercise of a Domino Change Management application (non mail
server application) running on z/OS that was administered by Domino Mail server
Administrators who supported mostly NT. They were dumbfounded that I wanted to
disable certain tasks on the z/OS Domino application, that were mail related
and unnecessary in support of the non mail application, because to them "it was
only a few seconds here and there".

  I was able to show a savings in the thousands of seconds per week due to this
exercise. The User realized relative cost savings on a go forward basis and I
recovered a bit of CPU for other tasks during our busy prime/peak shifts.

Miklos Szigetvari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi

For me this more or less clear.
I have here a number of collegues from NT and Unix , and they don't
understand why the 0.5% CPU time is a matter:

/"Would somebody knowledgeable please explain to me why some host people
get their panties in a knot (I love colorful expressions!) over a few
dozen MBs and a CPU usage of 0.5%? Are there real reasons for this, or
are they simply stuck in a 1960s mindset? How much can 408 CPU-seconds
per day cost?"
/

Miklos Szigetvari

Development Team