Is that anything like the "New Math"?

> If I start a second processor, I have to at least pay for the
> hardware upgrade and increased s/w costs.

For the moment, ignore the hardware cost (probably belongs in "overhead"
anyway).  If your "single-engine" machine used, say, 100 MSUs, how many
MSUs does the now "twin-engine" machine use for the same workload?
Assuming NO "capacity-priced" software, how much is the increase in
software cost?

    -jc-