On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:58:10 -0500, Dave Barry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In the latest SDSF, SYSID value is carried across LPARs in the plex
>regardless of whether they are in a MAS.  Not sure about the
>installation and customization, but I now have to use SYSID on every
>system, even though none share a SPOOL.

Are you using a shared ISPF profile data set?   If you use SYSID without
any operands, it defaults to the current sysid.  Even if you share your
ISPF profile this will allow you to view the syslog of the system you are
logged onto without having to issue the SYSID command ever.  That
is the way it's always worked... unless something changed in 1.9 that
I am not aware of.   What has changed is the SYSID ? display in recent
releases.  It used to just show the value of the setting.  Now it will display
all the systems defined in the MASDEF (whether they exist or not) with the
system you are logged onto being enclosed in parenthesis.  In order to tell
the current setting, you have to look at the title line:

SDSF SYSLOG   397.101   IPO1 IPO2  11/15/2000  4W
              |   |     |           |          |
            Job   |     |           |    Outstandin
            number|     |           |    WTORs
                  |     |        Date of