On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:24:24 -0300, HELIO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am running a job with the utility ADRDSSU to make a dump of a data set
>and after deletes it, the dump are running successfully, but when will
>delete the data set I am getting a message
>
>IEC614I SCRATCH FAILED - RC 008, DIAGNOSTIC INFORMATION IS (040942D1)
>
>Already looked in the manual and not found this diagnostic information,
>the data set is administered by SMS.
>Who knows with me solve this problem.

17.9.5.16 VTOC/Data Set Services (VDSS) Reason Codes

17105 (X'42D1')    &#9474; Catalog error while deleting data set.

Could be any number of reasons why.  Do you have authority?  What
happens if you try to delete the data set via ISPF or IDCAMS?  Are
there any other error messages in the joblog or syslog?

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]