Brian and Shane,

I guess it doesn't bother me a whole lot about Brian's posting.  I know
opinions vary from don't care at all to foaming at the mouth for the audacity
to do such a horrible thing.  But Shane, you're right - the list owner Darren
should get involved.  All such postings should probably be sent to Darren, and
he will either post them or send them back and tell whoever what is acceptable.

Darren - maybe you can post something giving guidelines.

Eric

On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 21:58 -0600, Brian Westerman wrote:

> I sent it because when we started the previous beta, I received more than 20
> emails from people on the list that complained that they didn't know about
> the beta in enough advance time and thus were not allowed to participate
> because of the 150 site limit.

I must admit I have (significantly) more empathy for Teds position than
Brians.
I'm not averse to the announcement of a (possibly upcoming) beta with a
link for those interested to go investigate.
Full-on marketing on the list I can do without.

Personal opinion only of course - maybe "Big D" could proffer a
definitive stance.

Shane ...

--
Eric Bielefeld